Norfolk are the most recent UK Fire & Rescue Services to take advantage of Excelerate’s market leading solutions including a portable satellite terminal and the on-board technology for their new Incident Command Unit.
The new technology will be deployed at major incidents across the Norfolk region enabling the sharing of critical information – data, video and voice – to support incident management and will serve to strengthen the resilience and operation response of the service.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service are pleased to be part of a solid partnership with Excelerate developing a robust incident ground communications system using the most up to date technology. Norfolk is a predominantly rural county and mobile communication can be challenging, the provision of portable satellite terminals will provide a vital level of resilience within our new Control Unit.
Group Manager Tim Edwards, Head of Technical Support.
Technology provided includes
- Portable Satellite Terminal with access to Excelerate’s Enhanced Resilience Satellite Network (ERSN)
- Access to local 3G/4G Networks
- Access to free to air channels e.g SKY News
- Digital Dashboard Management Interface (DDMI)to support ease of use
- Control room with 2 x operator positions fully equipped with PCs and wall mounted monitors
- External briefing screen
Excelerate continues to be the technology supplier of choice to the Emergency Services, providing resilient communications solutions to a wide range of responders, including the Hazardous Area Response Teams (HART) and Northamptonshire Police and Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service with their Joint Command Unit.