An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual who wants to join our fast developing International organisation as a Field Support Engineer.
Based in Cardiff, our Company is the UK market leader within its industry with international operations and offices in Melbourne, Perth, Abu Dhabi, Washington DC and Cannes. This opportunity will suit an individual looking for the next step in their career and will join our team in building and supporting the company’s growing fleet of Emergency Command Technologies throughout the UK and Internationally.
Being an innovative and leading technology provider in the provision of satellite and wireless solutions, we are looking for a customer and team focused Field Support Engineer. Your job responsibilities will include:
Providing telephone and field based support, to include problem solving and fault finding hardware and software
- Logging and tracking all support calls
- Be familiar with new products to integrate smoothly into support portfolio
- On job completion test system and report completion
- Providing training to customers as and when required
- Providing on call cover for evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
The successful applicant will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Computer configuration and maintenance experience
- Experience in electronic equipment support, repair and installation
- Evidence of a logical approach towards fault finding
- Open to learning new products, services or procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Can act on own initiative
- A reliable team player highly motivated and organised.
- A can do attitude and flexible
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Able to travel both throughout the UK & Internationally with overnight stays
Desirable would be:
- Computer Networking experience
- Wireless installation and configuration
- VSAT experience
- VOIP experience
- CCTV support and maintenance
- IP Camera/CCTV support & maintenance
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an electronics or IT related discipline
Excelerate Technology offers an excellent working environment with a highly skilled, motivated and committed team. To apply please forward your CV along with your salary expectations.