An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual who wants to join our fast developing international organisation as an Installations Engineer.
So, who are we, what do we do, who are we looking for and what do we have to offer?
Based in Cardiff, we are the UK market leader within our industry. We also have international operations and offices in France, UAE, Qatar and Australia. We love to innovate and are proud of our position as the leading technology provider of satellite and wireless solutions. This role will be supporting our team who are building a growing fleet of Emergency Command Technologies throughout the UK and overseas.
- Installation and configuration of data, video and voice equipment
- Installation and configuration of computer software
- Supporting partner & customer relationships on a project-by-project basis
- Provide support to the Installations & Project Management Engineers including – product and service functionality, installation security, quality of craftsmanship, user training, testing and documentation and communication
- Support installations from initial planning meeting to handover, attending customer meetings as required
- Read job sheets, specification documents, site plans and prepare all necessary equipment and documentation to complete jobs
- On job completion, test system and report completion to the required standards by stated deadlines
- Where required, solve practical problems, detect and repair system faults
- Become familiar with new products to integrate smoothly into Company portfolio
- To ensure that RMA products are processed in a timely fashion following company procedures
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned on an as needed basis
- Has a working knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems
- Can competently install, configure and maintain a basic computer network
- Can run and terminate network, data and video cabling to a high standard
- Has a fundamental understanding of electronic equipment
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is highly motivated, well organized and able to act under own initiative
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Able to take responsibility and accountability
- Is a flexible team player with a customer focused “can-do” attitude
- Holds a full, clean UK Driving License
- Is willing to travel
- Wireless installation and configuration experience would be an advantage
- At least 2 years direct experience in profession that involves electronic repairs, network cabling, LAN installation and configuration and peripheral installations and maintenance.
- Qualification in engineering or IT-related electronics field
We offer an excellent working environment situated in a business park within easy reach of Cardiff City Centre and Junction 29 of the M4, along with:
- a competitive salary,
- free car parking,
- access to company pool vehicle
- life assurance,
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays,
- Employee Assistant Programme offering 24/7 confidential advice for medical information, legal advice along with online support
- Fresh fruit in the office along with tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits.
To apply, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full Time